What is fit2patient
fit2patient was developed as the website of the Horizon 2020 SME Instrument Phase 2 project INOVER 21.
The main objectives of INOVER 21 project were:
- to shift the healthcare paradigm in surgical treatment – from “fits to all” to personalized medicine;
- to promote the mass usage of patient-specific implants in orthopaedics, maxillofacial surgery and neurosurgery;
- to make patient-specific implants more accessible in terms of price and lead terms;
- to promote the added value generated by patient-specific implants both for patients and surgeons.
But over time, it has transformed into the platform for sharing surgeons ’clinical experience and gate to Web based MICE 3D pre-surgical planning system. The main purpose of fit2patient web site today is not to present outcomes of INOVER 21 project. The Web site support team is dedicated:
- to promote 3D pre-surgical planning in clinical practice providing royalty free access to MICE 3D presurgical planning Web platform and technical support in the preparation of downloaded radiological images for 3D preoperative planning. The MICE software can be used to perform pre-surgical planning with both standard and patient-specific implants, used with or without patient-specific surgical guides;
- to build Clinical Data Base based on the clinical cases which pre-surgical planning is done using MICE and to provide medical community the platform to share their clinical experiences treating rare and severe clinical cases;
- to turn the website into a web hub for the use of patient-specific implants in clinical practice, used in treating rare and severe clinical cases building for surgeons a communication platform on a range of issues in connection with the use of patient-specific implants in clinical practice.
How can I be a part of fit2patient?
The fit2patient platform together with the MICE software system allows you to design patient specific implants on web-based platform using 3D models. What is more, the pre-surgical planning becomes an easier and more convenient process. Want to know how it is possible? Contact us and become our platform partners!
We are Ortho Baltic, in market more known as producer of custom-made prosthetic-orthotic devices under the name of Ortho Baltic, in 2012 we have invested in additive manufacturing technologies and expanded our made-to-order services to the design and production of patient-speciﬁc joint endoprosthesis, cranial and maxillofacial implants, bone plating systems, dental & jaw restoration implants and patient-speciﬁc surgical guides as well.
Taikos Ave. 131A
LT-51124 Kaunas, Lithuania
Tel. 8 37 473970, Fax 8 37 473863